1. Any local area senior athlete, coach, or parent (area refers to any City or County covered by WKMX-FM regardless of State), seventeen (17) years of age or older without regard to race, gender, or sport may enter the “Powerade Powered-Up Scholarship” Contest for their sports team by completing an official entry form at www.wkmx.com by submitting an essay using 500 words or less on the topic of Why “Character” is important in sports so that people can point to you as a good example. Only one nomination may be submitted per person and must be submitted by Sunday, October 1, 2017. All entries become property of the Radio Station. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and immediate family and household members of– WKMX-FM, WTVY-FM, WDJR-FM and WDBT-FM (“radio stations”)and their parent companies; Powerade, Coca-Cola United, their parent companies, affiliated companies, and their advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
2. There will be five (5) finalists in the contest. Finalists will be chosen from among all entries received by October 1, 2017 and submitted to WKMX for the reviewing process. Finalists essays will be sent to the GRAND PRIZE REVIEW TEAM and each finalist will receive Coca-Cola and/or Powerade merchandise.
3. There is one (1) GRAND PRIZE. Grand prize winner will be determined by a GRAND PRIZE REVIEW TEAM and will be announced on-air Monday, October 9, 2017 Grand Prize consists of a scholarship in the amount of $500. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent will be given for the Prize.
4. Grand Prize winner must complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability and, where lawful, publicity release. If Radio Station does not receive the affidavit and release within two (2) weeks of notification, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Except where prohibited by law, by signing the affidavit and release, the winner grants permission to the use of name, likeness, picture, portrait, hometown, service mark, voice, biographical/other information, and statements for advertising and promotional purposes for this and other promotions by Radio Station without additional compensation. The prize will be awarded within approximately two (2) weeks after all required proof and documentation is received. The grand prize winner(s) has until November 6, 2017 to claim prize. Radio Station is not responsible for lost, late, damaged or mishandled entries.
5. By participating in the contest, each entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by all of these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of General Manager of Radio Station (“Contest Judge”). All decisions regarding the Contest including, but not limited to, selecting the winner, will be made by the Contest Judge and the Grand Prize Review Team. The Contest Judge may prohibit an entrant from participating in this contest, in his/her sole discretion, if, in the opinion of the Contest Judge, the entrant fails to abide by these rules, or otherwise acts (1) in non-professional or inappropriate manner, (2) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant or Radio Station, its parent company, its sponsors affiliated companies or its advertising and promotion agencies, or (3) in any other disruptive manner. The winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, and may be required to complete a w-9 taxpayer identification form. All federal, state, and local laws apply. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold Radio Station, its parent company and its sponsors affiliated companies harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on any libel, slander, illegal competition or trade practice, violation of rights of privacy, infringement of copyrights or other rights of third parties.
6. To find out the winner of the contest, please attend the announcement (date and time to be determined) or send an e-mail to Radio Station at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of Powerade Power-Up Scholarship winner upon the conclusion of the contest.